Non-Award Applications

Enrolling in a non-award course lets you study individual courses without leading to the award of a whole degree, such as a Bachelor or Master degree. For example, you might like to complete just one of our courses for your professional development or personal interest, but you might not want to complete a whole degree.

This type of study is not commonwealth-supported and you will need to pay full fees for the courses you take. You will not have access to a Higher Education Loan Program (HELP). You can find out how much each course will cost by searching the Programs & Courses website for your course and checking the fees information.

International students should note that the ANU will not issue an electronic confirmation of enrolment (ECOE) for non-award study. You must already hold a visa that allows you to study in Australia.


Some courses have prerequisites, including assumed knowledge and prior completion of other subjects. Please check the Programs & Courses website for prerequisite details, or contact the ANU College that delivers the course.

How to apply

After reviewing the course information, please complete the non-award study application form and return it to the contact email ( ) on this page. Please take note of the application deadlines on the form. 

If you are a returning non-award student and your previous non-award studies have been undertaken within the last two academic years, you may not need to reapply. Please see the instructions to Re-Enrol instead.

If you are a non-award cross-institutional studies student you will need to submit a new application.